top of page
AN URBAN INTERVENTION AT THE SITE
OF THE STEWART MOTOR COMPANY ON CENTRAL AVENUE
The Stewart Motor Company opened its doors in 1947 with much fanfare in postwar Phoenix to a population eager for the taste of forward looking luxury that was the hallmark of the Studebaker product line. After many years of dormancy, Aspirant Development sought to incorporate the character defining features of the showroom into a new residential offering: The Stewart. The showroom was a manifestation of the DREAMLINING and FLIGHTSTREAMING as suggested in the Studebaker advertising of the day. In turn, the new residential tower on Central Avenue at McKinley takes its queue from this architectural language and translates it into a structure of significantly greater scale where the composition is greater than the sum of its new and old parts. Historic photographs were provided by members of the Stewart Family who gave generously of their time and energy in navigating to this building design.
CCBG Architects, Inc.
Mechanical / ESD Engineering
Structural / PK Structural Engineers, Inc.
Civil / JMA Engineering
Interior / Lawrence Lake Interiors
bottom of page